The next annual Software Engineering Nederland (SEN) symposium will take place in the afternoons (circa 13:00 - 17:30) of Thursday 18th and Friday 19th February 2021. If corona circumstances allow for it, the event will take place in hybrid form with physical attendance at the Turing room at the CWI, and virtual attendance via Zoom and Slack. If a physical event is not possible, then it will be a fully virtual event. For more information, see:
The symposium is organized by VERSEN, the Dutch National Association for Software Engineering.
This year, the symposium will feature 3 keynotes, 5 invited talks and several lightning talks.
- Barbora Buhnova (Masaryk University Brno)
- Joost-Pieter Katoen (RWTH Aachen University)
- Joost Visser (Leiden University)
# Invited talks (confirmed):
- Yanja Dajsuren (Eindhoven University of Technology)
- Emitza Guzman (Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam)
- Dennis Komm (ETH Zürich)
- Burcu Kulahcioglu Ozkan (Delft University of Technology)
# Full Program (tentative):
Attendance to the symposium is free, but registration is mandatory.
Please register by February 17:
# Call for Lightning Talks
We invite all software engineering researchers in the Netherlands to contribute to the symposium program. We welcome proposals for “lightning talks” - short but engaging presentations, to be allocated between 5 and 10 minutes at the symposium.
There is no specific format for lightning talks. Still, they should be aimed to the broad VERSEN audience. An exciting lightning talk may, for instance:
- describe recently published results;
- present open research problems (and/or ongoing efforts to tackle them);
- summarize a recently concluded PhD dissertation;
- recently granted (or started) research projects;
- motivate a “call to arms” for the broad VERSEN community.
There will be a (lightweight) evaluation of one-page talk proposals (PDF) describing the envisioned presentation at the symposium. Please submit your one-page proposal (PDF) using EasyChair:
- Submission of talk proposals: January 8, 2021
- Notification: January 20, 2021 (or earlier)
We look forward to seeing you at the SEN symposium!
The SEN Symposium 2021 program committee,
Helle Hvid Hansen, Ilias Gerostathopoulos, Nils Jansen