SEN Symposium: 31st of January 2020, CWI
Dear VERSEN friends,
The next annual Software Engineering Nederland (SEN) symposium will
take place on Friday, January 31st, 2020 at CWI in Amsterdam - see
The symposium is organized by VERSEN, the Dutch National Association
for Software Engineering (https://www.versen.nl/).
The symposium will feature invited presentations, contributed
“lightning talks” (see below), and will include plenty of time for
discussions and networking.
# Invited Speakers:
- Wil van der Aalst (RWTH Aachen University, Germany)
- Vasilios Andrikopoulos (University of Groningen, The Netherlands)
- Dino Distefano (Facebook, UK)
- Veelasha Moonsamy (Radboud University, The Netherlands)
- Alexandra Silva (University College London, UK)
- Jan van Zoest (Royal Philips, The Netherlands)
# Call for Lightning Talks
We invite all software engineering researchers in the Netherlands to
contribute to the symposium program.
We welcome proposals for “lightning talks” - short but engaging
presentations, to be allocated between 5 and 10 minutes at the
There is no specific format for lightning talks. Still, they should be
aimed to the broad VERSEN audience. An exciting lightning talk may,
- describe recently published results;
- present open research problems (and/or ongoing efforts to tackle them);
- summarize a recently concluded PhD dissertation;
- present recently granted (or started) research projects;
- motivate a “call to arms” for the broad VERSEN community.
There will be a (lightweight) evaluation of one-page talk proposals
(PDF) describing the envisioned presentation at the symposium.
At submission time, authors can indicate whether they would also like
to present a poster to complement their proposed talk.
# Submission Link
Please submit your one-page proposal (PDF) using EasyChair:
# Important Dates
- Submission of talk proposals: December 13, AoE
- Notification: January 3, 2020 (or earlier)
We look forward to seeing you at the SEN symposium!
The SEN Symposium 2020 program committee,
Yanja Dajsuren, Jorge A. Pérez, and Wouter Swierstra