News items for the next edition of the VERSEN newsletter
in accordance with our collaborative model for the VERSEN newsletter any member can suggest news to be included in the next round of news (which will be out on Monday September 23).
If you have some news to be shared to the community (e.g., new grants, awards, new positions available, etc.), please propose them before Monday the 16th via this form: http://versen.nl/contents/press.
Cheers and thanks in advance!
Ivano Malavolta (Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam)
SEN Symposium: 31st of January 2020, CWI
Dear VERSEN friends,
The next annual Software Engineering Nederland (SEN) symposium will
take place on Friday, January 31st, 2020 at CWI in Amsterdam - see
The symposium is organized by VERSEN, the Dutch National Association
for Software Engineering (https://www.versen.nl/).
The symposium will feature invited presentations, contributed
“lightning talks” (see below), and will include plenty of time for
discussions and networking.
# Invited Speakers:
- Wil van der Aalst (RWTH Aachen University, Germany)
- Vasilios Andrikopoulos (University of Groningen, The Netherlands)
- Dino Distefano (Facebook, UK)
- Veelasha Moonsamy (Radboud University, The Netherlands)
- Alexandra Silva (University College London, UK)
- Jan van Zoest (Royal Philips, The Netherlands)
# Call for Lightning Talks
We invite all software engineering researchers in the Netherlands to
contribute to the symposium program.
We welcome proposals for “lightning talks” - short but engaging
presentations, to be allocated between 5 and 10 minutes at the
There is no specific format for lightning talks. Still, they should be
aimed to the broad VERSEN audience. An exciting lightning talk may,
- describe recently published results;
- present open research problems (and/or ongoing efforts to tackle them);
- summarize a recently concluded PhD dissertation;
- present recently granted (or started) research projects;
- motivate a “call to arms” for the broad VERSEN community.
There will be a (lightweight) evaluation of one-page talk proposals
(PDF) describing the envisioned presentation at the symposium.
At submission time, authors can indicate whether they would also like
to present a poster to complement their proposed talk.
# Submission Link
Please submit your one-page proposal (PDF) using EasyChair:
# Important Dates
- Submission of talk proposals: December 13, AoE
- Notification: January 3, 2020 (or earlier)
We look forward to seeing you at the SEN symposium!
The SEN Symposium 2020 program committee,
Yanja Dajsuren, Jorge A. Pérez, and Wouter Swierstra